Thursday, January 27, 2011

High on a Mountain Top

"Where I come from the mountain flowers grow wild
The blue grass sways like it's goin out of style
God fearin' people simple and real
'Cause up on the ridge folks that's the deal "
Loretta Lynn, High on a Mountain Top

High on a Mountain Top is a song that Loretta Lynn recorded for Van Lear Rose -- produced by Jack White.  It's one of my favorite songs.  It makes me feel ridiculously happy because I recognize my  home in the lyrics; I suppose a great, universal song has that effect on many people.

My hubby bought me two packs of Blue Fescue Grass seeds for my dry stream bed garden.  He also purchased and "installed" -- and I do use that term loosely as drilling a hole in our bathroom ceiling and shoving a wire clothes hanger through it was part of the installation process -- a grow light.  We are very slowly remodeling our entire house; so our bathroom doubles as a workshop and terrarium. 

I never in a million years would have thought two packs of seeds and a shop light hanging from a hole in my bathroom ceiling would make me so happy, but up on our ridge folks, that's the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment