Saturday, February 26, 2011

Delivered

  

With your future, got your future babe (here I am baby)
Here I am baby (signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours)
"Signed, Sealed, Delivered," Stevie Wonder

How can you not love Stevie Wonder?  If you haven't noticed, and it'd be pretty hard not to, I'm a big, big fan of music, almost as big a fan as I am of plants.  I'm also a huge fan of deliveries.  And my hubby arranged for a huge one today:  four scoops of enriched soil from our local nursery.  It came in on a dump truck -- woo~hoo! 

We filled the rest of our three raised vegetable beds (we already had quite a bit of leaf mulch in there), and tomorrow we're going to finish the dry stream bed. 

I had a migraine, so when I say we, I really mean he

I sort of wandered around, in and out of the house, in and out of the greenhouse, in and out of the hubby's way, trying to assess everything that I haven't blogged about in a while -- and a lot of these items are things I've learned about from the blogging community, so THANK YOU wonderful gardeners who share:

One tray (old strawberry container) of mustard in the greenhouse (moved just to experiment)

One smaller tray (old strawberry container) of spinach in the greenhouse (moved just to experiment)

Three pots of lilac shoots in the greenhouse -- from a lilac bush that was given to me by another gardener (no matter how beautiful, unique, or unusual a plant is that I grow from seed, none compare to those that have been given to me from a fellow gardener's home -- there is a rich history, which deserves its own post later on, in those plants)

Two peat pots of peas in the greenhouse

Greenhouse temperature definitely seems to be warmer now with the trashcan

One basil batch in a juice bottle greenhouse

Three pots of echinacea in an outdoor sunny spot

Three peat pots of liatris under the grow light

Three peat pots of aubrieta under the grow light

Three peat pots of bedder sage under the grow light

Completely destroyed my first batch of chandelier lupines -- too wet in the cake tote; started some more today.  Hopefully, this time I will not turn them into a stinky pile of mush.

And last but not least, relented, took a migraine pill, sat down, and wrote about all these things that make me feel good, and voila, felt Wonder-full :)
 

2 comments:

  1. What a bummer, I used to get the most awful migraines too. They relented somewhat when I hit menopause.

    Have you ever tried winter sowing Lupines? I winter sow them every year, no need to nick them at all. I just place them on top of the moist soil in a little makeshift greenhouse, and set them out in the snow. They sprout when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I have never tried that. Thank you for the tip. I have more seeds. I will see what happens if I put them out. Thanks!

    I look forward to the day that I no longer get migraines. They truly are a bummer!

    ReplyDelete