Monday, April 25, 2011

What a difference

The flowers in the dry stream bed garden are coming along.  It is amazing to me what a difference a few months have made.  Initially, it seemed like an impossible task, now flowers and plants are growing!  And I'm hopeful that we will soon be able to add a pond:
February dry stream bed

April dry stream bed.  Foreground:  Peacock Orchid (Acidanthera bicolor muielae), Catmint,  Little Bluestem, Liatris, Speedwell "Christy."  Background:  "Blue" Love Grass, Agastache "Heather Queen" 
My husband bought the Speedwell at Wally World -- not my favorite place in the world.  His plan was to fill our window boxes with them, but that DID NOT work out;  they are much happier in the ground.  The Catmint was purchased in February at a local nursery.  It looked quite good considering everything else was still in a dismal state, so I bought it, and nursed it in my greenhouse.  Everything else is from bulbs or seeds that we started this year.  I anticipate the growth of all of our flowers over the course of the next year.  Gardening is a hopeful hobby.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Gardening is a hopeful hobby. Gardeners are always looking to the future.

    ReplyDelete