Friday, March 18, 2011

Cool Play

Bones are sinking like stones
All that we fall for
Homes places we've grown . . .

And we live in a beautiful world (yeah we do yeah we do)
We live in a beautiful world
Beautiful World, Cold Play

My son and I took a memorable walk recently.  The afternoon was cool and slightly overcast.  It had rained for several days prior.  We had spent quality time  indoors watching Prince Caspian and reading The Magician's Nephew, but we were ready to get out and act out.  Down into the magical woods we went.  There, he was no longer my son, he was Peter.  I was no longer his mom, I was Susie (he's four and combines Lucy and Susan into one character).  We battled trees that were under the White Witch's  spell.  We discovered the bones of a giant sea creature, that had come through the pools between worlds.  We crossed a raging river, and we got lost in the world of imagination that the woods begs children to create.  For a little while, I was not interested in the names of trees and foilage and how green things work.   I was just in the beautiful world of my son's mind and glad to have plants as play things.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Great that he's a Narnia fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to share Narnia with him. My dad read The Chronicles to me when I was about his age: a tradition worth keeping, imho. :)

    ReplyDelete