Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Soak up the Sun

So I'm stuck here watching TV
I don't have digital
I don't have diddly squat
It's not having what you want
It's wanting what you've got
-- "Soak up the Sun," Sheryl Crow
I'm trying to be ironic.  I am not sure if I've succeeded.  I am sure that yesterday was wonderful -- and today it's raining, and tomorrow it's supposed to snow.  Like many other gardeners, when I have time off, I watch the weather incessantly, especially when we're experiencing bad weather, and I'm in the house all day.  I pray, "Let it do this next week," but then later, I think, "What a selfish, childish prayer."  My mom just told me last week that she'd heard we were in danger of a drought.  This weather really is what we need!

So in an effort to stay positive, I'm thinking Sheryl Crow and "wanting what I've got" instead of "having what I want."

What I've got Number 1:
An awesome aunt/neighbor who gave me these gorgeous pussy willows.  She took twigs from their tree and put them in a Mason jar on her windowsill.  Thank you, Valerie Jean:

Valerie Jean's Pussy Willows
Number 2.   A pretty, pink bleeding heart:

  Number 3.  Onions and mustard greens looking fabulous in the raised beds:



And Number 4.  Time inside to write down all the happy spring things that are happening on our mountain.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the positivity because I am seriously lacking as we suffer through another cold patch and an incoming storm. Positive thoughts ... positive thoughts ... positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping you guys get some warm weather soon! When I read the posts of folks from more northern areas, I feel like a dog bemoaning our weather. Sending sunshine vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete