Monday, March 28, 2011

Stay or Leave

Winter and spring on my White Oak Mountain
Maybe different, but remember
Winters warm there you and I,
Kissing whiskey by the fire
With the snow outside
And when the summer comes
The river swims at midnight
Shiver cold
Touch the bottom, you and I,
with muddy toes

Stay or leave
I want you not to go
But you should
-- Stay or Leave, Dave Matthews

Spring is a state of flux.  Winter doesn't quite know whether it wants to stay or leave.  (And I'm with Dave Matthews in saying to you, Old Man Winter, that you should leave.)

As if to prove my point, the snow that was coming down when I started typing stopped, and the sun came out as I was trying to upload photos. 

In spite of the winter-like temps we're having this week, I'm still excited to be off of work, and I'm planning big things in the way of seed starting.  Might as well get as many pretty flowers ready for warm weather as I can, while I can. 

Started this week in a Jiffy Seed Starting Tray: 
Blue Love Grass (2nd set), Czar's Gold Sedum, Violas, Salvia (2nd set), and Heather Queen Agastache (2nd set)
In recycled plastic cups, which I drilled drainage holes in: Caladium corms
In recycled spinach tray:  Astilbe rhizomes

No comments:

Post a Comment