Saturday, March 19, 2011

On their way


Liatris

On my way ( 12 times)

You know what they say about the young
Well pick me up with golden hands
Send me on my way, on my way
Send Me on My Way, Rusted Root 

 
I sent my favorite plants on their way; the Agastache and Liatris that kept me happy all winter moved out of the house and into the greenhouse this week.  I am feeling a bit of separation anxiety.  

I also started more broccoli.  I planted the spindly little plants from the first attempt, but I am not optimistic. I am hoping to have plenty of nice plants for the spring.  I start only a few at a time as I am still learning EVERYTHING about how to successfully start seeds.  I just hope that my timing is not completely off.

How are your seeds doing this week?  Share at Dave's Seed Sowing Saturdays:



 
Agastache



4 comments:

  1. It looks great! I've been wanting to plant liatris in the garden for a while but just never got around to it. Very cool! I bet the broccoli will do fine once it gets acclimated to the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Liatris and Agastache look nice and healthy! Did you start them from seed inside? They're pretty hardy perennials, I bet they could go out into the garden soon.

    Hope your broccoli makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dave. I hope the broccoli is okay. It is my son's very favorite.

    That is great Alison because my dry stream flower bed is just looking like a dry dirt bed right now. I started the Agastache from seed, and they took off much faster than I expected. The Liatris I started from corms. Last year, I started them directly in the garden dirt and nothing much happened. I think voles ate them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wait, Alison. I only answered half of your question. :/ Yes, I started the Agastache and Liatris inside.

    ReplyDelete